Gunkanjima is one of the remote island off the coast of Japan. Gunkanjima is one of 505 uninhabited islands in Nagasaki Prefecture about 15 kilometers from Nagasaki itself. Gunkanjima a city that is rich and dense population, large though the island is less than 1 km. The island was inhabited in the year 1887-1974. In the early 1900s Gunkanjima is a prosperous island for the rich coal. Mitsubishi Corporation adalalah company that manages coal mines here. To accommodate the miners, ten apartment complex built on a small rock – a labyrinth of high associated with the corridors and stairs of the page. There are schools, restaurants and gaming houses, all surrounded by a protective wall as a coal mining facility. The most prominent feature of the island was abandoned concrete buildings and walls surrounding sea.
Gunkanjima island is also often called the Ghost Island. This is because the island has been abandoned by its inhabitants since the Mitsubishi officially announced the closing of the mine in 1974. In 1974-2009, the island was declared closed from visitors. But on April 22, 2009, the island opened to tourists. The island is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.