Komodo Island is one of a group of islands in the Flores, and in addition to the island of Rinca. Located in Nusa Tenggara archipelago, Indonesia. The island is known as the original habitat of the Komodo. The island is also the Komodo National Park which is managed by the Central Government. Komodo can adapt well in environments that are very cruel and holding the highest position on the predators on the island. Komodo dragon can reach a maximum size of 3 meters and weighing 90 kg. In scientific first recognized in 1912 as Varanus komodoensis. It is estimated that as many as 2,000 wild Komodo inhabit this area. These Komodo as well as predators and scavengers. On the island of Komodo animals live and breed well. Besides Komodo, the island also store a variety of exotic flora Sepang wood that is used by locals as a medicine and dye clothes, this tree Sterculia oblongata in nitak or believe to be useful as medicines and seeds are tasty and delicious like peas. In 2009, the Komodo National Park has been named a finalist in the “New Seven Wonders of Nature” newly published in 2010.
To get to this area, travelers can use two transportation. If you want fast, can rent a speedboat. During the trip can be seen the beautiful natural scenery. In the vicinity of Flores, there were 60 islands. However, the most frequently visited the island of Rinca and Komodo island. Entrance to the tourist area of ??Komodo is not so expensive. Here you can see or you do like:
1. Marvel at the diversity of plants and animals on the islands of Komodo.
2. Watching the behavior of Komodo; how to eat, hunt prey, the way roads etc.
3. Swim and snorkel in the beach where the water is clear and reddish sand plus thousands of fish and coral blue.
4. . Follow a tour service to save time, money and energy.
5. Most locals can only speak the local language and Indonesian language.
6. Visit a traditional village to see a different lifestyle than you7. Bring cream sunscreen, comfortable clothes, sunglasses, hat or head covering as well.
If you are a lover of unique natural attractions and exotic, you can visit the island of Komodo.